In Physical Education at Shanghai United International School Pudong Campus we offer opportunities for children to:
- become skillful and intelligent performers;
- acquire and develop skills, performing with increasing physical competence and confidence, in a range of physical activities and contexts;
- learn how to select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas to suit activities that need different approaches and ways of thinking;
- develop their ideas in a creative way;
- set targets for themselves and compete against others, individually and as team members;
- understand what it takes to persevere, succeed and acknowledge others’ success;
- respond to a variety of challenges in a range of physical contexts and environments;
- take the initiative, lead activity and focus on improving aspects of their own performance;
- discover their own aptitudes and preferences for different activities;
- make informed decisions about the importance of exercise in their lives:
- develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity.
All students will have two hours timetabled hours of Physical Education lessons each week and over the year develop understandings of the benefits of leading healthy active lifestyles while participating in sporting units of Athletics, Badminton, Football, Volleyball, Basketball and Cricket.